Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blog Entry 2

When researching different articles for my first annotated bibliography, I had a general idea of my research project topic: movie trailers and there effectiveness.  I chose an article called "Triumph of the Trailers" by Jess Cagle that gave the general overview of movie trailers, the techniques used by studios to attract viewers, and the direction they are headed in.  While reading the article, I learned about the Annual Golden Trailer Awards that honor the year's best movie trailers, including 30 second teasers and 2 and a half minute reels.  Interestingly enough, trailers are mini-movies in themselves and although they may not take an entire production team to create, there are many factors that go into each movie preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment